Season change is not for whiners!
In 2019, our family had several dramatic changes with our kids: job losses, career changes, death of a spouse, and the diagnosis of a genetic disorder. These lead to lots of fears, loneliness, tears, therapy and change. There was no going back to what-used-to-be. I was definitely navigating a season change!
For years, I have mentioned that we need five things before you retire: a friend, a cause, a hobby, a physical activity and a…er…what was that fifth thing? I could NOT remember, so I had to come up with some new way to remember. And even after we retired, I kept needing these tools, so decided retirement was just ONE season change. By changing it to the 5 Ps: Person, Place, Pastime, Physical Activity and Project, I could remember ALL of them. If I could remember all of them, I could help you remember them too! If you could remember them, they might help you too!
During our lifetime as women, we go through lots of season changes and most of them are pretty darn special! Then as we age into Queen-Agers, the seasons change less frequently. When they do, it feels sort of…painful, icky at the very least.
- Kids leave the nest, and you feel as though you might drown in all that “leftover love” they don’t need anymore.
- Kids don’t call you back, and you have to fight the urge to leave a million messages and become a “smother mother.”
- Where is my waist?
- What will I do with an entire weekend alone?
- Who should I call?
- Have you seen my waist?
- Which of my back-burner projects should I take on?
- What interests did I have B.K. (before kids), that I might want to get back to?
Queen-Ager, I am offering you a lifeline across that tightrope! A free Master Class that explains the 5 Ps, and THEN launches into the first P: Find your PERSON. It’s waiting for you! For FREE! It will help you learn how to:
- Allow God to transform your “left-over love” to “love-on-purpose” for people in a place who truly need it
- Create your own lifestyle of purpose prevent you from being a “smother mother” and allows your adult kids the space they need to flourish on their own
- Discover pastimes, projects and physical activity that will support a healthy Queen-Age lifestyle
You don’t have to walk the tight rope alone, or without tools! Click here to get started today! For free!